A lot of companies believe that they need big ideas to have a successful employee suggestion program. Fortunately, it’s not true!
There are at least 3 reasons:
- Small Ideas Promote Innovation Culture
- Small Ideas Lead to Big Ideas
- Small Ideas Can Be Implemented Quickly
Let us take a detailed look into each of these reasons.
1. Small Ideas Promote Innovation Culture
Encouraging employees to share small ideas can help a company build a strong innovation community & culture.
Without much thought, employees can come up with small ideas as they work on their daily tasks.
Something is wrong if workers do not look around each day, find things that are tedious or boring, and then rewrite the procedures. Even last month’s manual should be out of date.
- Taiichi Ohno, the “father” of the Toyota production system.
When your company is open to small ideas [Read more...]